COVID 19 Updates
Date: March 13, 2020
Dear youth and family, staff, and stakeholders of Kairos,
There has been a lot of conversation and concern regarding COVID 19, or Corona Virus in the news, social media and in communications from Local, State and Federal Governments.
Kairos is working in following recommendations set from the Centers for Disease control and Prevention (CDC), Oregon Health Authority (OHA) and our current policies and procedures in dealing with infectious diseases.
We are committed to providing services to youth and families enrolled in our programs and doing so in alignment with CDC and OHA recommendations.
Kairos is currently addressing concerns and recommendations related to COVID 19 by:
- Considering procedures for youth and Kairos colleagues who may display signs and symptoms consistent with either the flu and or COVID 19.
- Per the Behavioral Health Residential Facilities COVID 19 Guidance Webinar on 3/13/20, we will be limiting external access to our residential facilities to individuals who exhibit signs and symptoms of the flu and or COVID 19.
- We are working with staff to clean our agency environments consistent with CDC and OHA recommendations.
- Our Senior Leadership team is meeting daily and/or as needed to address developments in outbreaks and/or recommendations from local, State and Federal governments.
- We may have to pause treatment for current youth/young adults receiving services form Kairos who may be exhibiting symptoms consistent with COVID 19. We may have to hold off on admitting youth into programs who may also be exhibiting symptoms consistent with COVID 19.
- If we need to cancel services due to a local outbreak of COVID 19, our staff will be in contact with you as soon as they can. We will also post notifications on our website and social media pages.
Please follow self-care recommendations set forth by the CDC:
- If you are ill, please stay away from close contact with others and seek medical help.
- Follow the CDC’s recommendations of using a facemask when you are sick.
- Avoid close contact with others who may be sick.
- Wash hands often with soap and water and for at least 20 seconds. You can use a sanitizer with at least 60 % alcohol if soap is not available.
- Avoid touching your mouth, eyes, and nose.
- Cover your cough and sneeze with a tissue. Throw away tissue in a trash can. Then wash your hands for a minimum of 20 seconds.
- Clean and disinfect areas and objects that are commonly touched by yourself and others.
Kairos will continue to follow CDC, OHA and other regulatory bodies recommendations in addressing concerns related to COVID 19.
Thank you for your continued patience and support during this time.