Individual and Family Therapist (Coastline Services, Coos Bay)
Date: September 13, 2017
Kairos is a non-profit mental health agency that is dedicated to providing mental health services to youth, young adults and their families while utilizing trauma informed collaborative treatment methods in a variety of treatment settings. Our employees enjoy a rewarding career with an agency that values mental wellness, offers a casual work environment while maintaining professionalism, provides opportunities for development and offers real opportunity to make a difference in the lives of the youth/young adults that we serve as well their families.
Hours: Monday- Friday 9am-5pm with occasional evening appointments according to client and families' needs and a shared rotation of on-call responsibilities
Compensation: $3,689-$5,376 per Month DOE
Benefits: 2.4 weeks paid time-off, 1 week of paid sick-time the first year of employment, 6 paid holidays per year, health, vision and dental insurance, 401k with up to 6% employer contribution. Agency is qualified for federal student loan repayment program.
About this position:
Therapists work out of the Kairos Coastline Community Services program in a nearby Elementary School classroom located in North Bend, Oregon. The therapists provide individualized, focused treatment with a small caseload including assessment, treatment planning and team facilitation. The therapist will work in close and integrated collaboration with community partners to remain in close and active contact with youth, families, and partners.
Successful candidates will have:
- Graduate degree in Psychology, Social Work, Recreational Art or Music Therapy; Or, Graduate degree in a behavioral science field or qualified Mental Health Intern as defined in 309- 019-0105 (61)
- Additionally the QMHP's ability to become licensed within 2 years is preferred.
- Must demonstrate the ability to conduct an assessment, including identifying precipitating events, gathering histories of mental and physical health, substance abuse, past mental health services and criminal justice contacts, assessing family, cultural, social and work relationships, conducting a mental status examination, complete a DSM diagnosis, write and supervise the implementation of a Service Plan, and provide individual, family or group therapy within the scope of their training.
- Current licensure (LPC, LMFT and/or LCSW) is preferred and Kairos will support both the supervision and cost of licensure requirements. Previous work in a non-profit, out-patient, community setting and with treatment foster care, in-home support services, trauma-informed care, family-driven and youth guided practice is preferred.
- Successfully pass a Criminal Background Check and Medicaid Fraud Check.
- Valid driver's license with 3 yrs. min. driving experience with safe driving record.
HOW TO APPLY
For a full job description and fillable application please visit: http://www.kairosnw.org/employment
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to email@example.com
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Please note the selected candidate will be required to submit to a Background and Medicaid fraud check as well as a safe driving check in order to operate agency vehicles.